Thursday, October 16, 2008

Midterms Midterms

Hey everyone!
I'm about to enter midterm week, so I'll be benkyou-ing (studying) like crazy.
BUT, I wanted to tell you all about this band my friend introduced me to - The Radwimps (weird name, I know, but they wanted to coin a word that would mean "superlative coward" or something to that effect). They are Japanese (dur. :) ), but some of their songs are in English.
My absolute favorite of their songs is called "Order Made". It's pretty much an idea of what conversation you might have had with God before you were born.
I think it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and the lyrics are simply amazing.

Anyway, here's the video (with subtitles, no worries ;) ):
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=-A28kvuvHks

Try checking out some of their other songs too, I really like them!

As for what's going on here...
I found a used book store! I got 11 manga for $13!!!!! That is an AMAZING deal. I was very happy. I've been curling up with my denshi jisho (electronic dictionary) and having fun translating them to English. My friends and I all sat around today after class and translated our manga together. Our teacher came over and, seeing our dictionaries out, asked if we were doing homework. We sheepishly replied "No.... But at least it's good practice!"
It really is helping me learn lots of new words though. :) I knew being a nerd would pay off somehow ;)

Anyway, I hope all is well at home!

I love you and miss you all!

Love,
Christy

No comments: